Contact UsHomeRhona L. Waxman - Hamilton Personal Injury Lawyer & Accident Attorney

Hamilton Personal Injury Lawyer » Ask Rhona

What are my rights with regard to short term disability from my employer?


When you are disabled and applying for short term disability you are making an insurance claim. Your rights are found in your short term insurance policy.

Generally your employer has very little to do with your Short Term Disability STD (STD). You’ll be dealing with an insurance adjuster when you are receiving or apply for Short Term Disability.

If you belong to a union your employer has obligations it must comply with when you are disabled and applying for Short Term Disability. These obligations are contained in the collective agreement.

Your rights will be found in the insurance policy. Each policy is different. Read your insurance policy over in detail, if you still have any questions or concerns I suggest you contact a lawyer.


Contact a Hamilton Personal Injury Lawyer
Get the compensation you deserve! If you've been injured in an accident or have an insurance claim, I will help you reduce your worry and stress to a minimum and ensure you recieve best medical and rehabilitation services available.

have your say

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. Subscribe to these comments.



« Do you need a police report to claim insurance for a car accident?
» What is a personal injury adjuster?
Jump to Top
Online e-Dating Profile Writing Service