Contact UsHomeRhona L. Waxman - Hamilton Personal Injury Lawyer & Accident Attorney

Hamilton Personal Injury Lawyer » Ask Rhona

Do you need a police report to claim insurance for a car accident?


No you don’t need a police report to make an insurance claim after a car accident. You should call the police if someone is hurt, if there is significant damage to the cars or if you think the driver of the other car is guilty of a criminal offence (e.g. drunk driving). If for some reason you don’t call the police you should at least report the crash to the police accident centre.

You can report the car accident to your insurance company even though you haven’t called the police or reported the car crash. Your insurance adjuster may ask you to report the accident to the police accident centre.

In any case you must always get the name and address of the driver, license plate number of the car, and full insurance details of the driver.

For a full run down of what to do in a motor vehicle accident please see: “I was in a motor vehicle accident. What should I do?”.


Contact a Hamilton Personal Injury Lawyer
Get the compensation you deserve! If you've been injured in an accident or have an insurance claim, I will help you reduce your worry and stress to a minimum and ensure you recieve best medical and rehabilitation services available.

have your say

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. Subscribe to these comments.



« What happens to my case if I wasn’t wearing a seat belt in the car accident?
» What are my rights with regard to short term disability from my employer?
Jump to Top
Online e-Dating Profile Writing Service